There are many ways for you to help your cat with hyperthyroidism. You can keep her on medications all her life, you can find a very good surgeon who will remove the glands or damaged tissue or you can also try the radioactive iodine treatment which is very efficient and quick.
Nevertheless, many people neglect the fact that all those ways may have the disadvantages, and in some cases, the feline hyperthyroidism remedies are the best solution. The combination of herbs used in this case is limitless, and all you have to do is find out what can really help your cat.
1. Astragalus – it is a traditional Chinese medicine that can be used in many cases. There are some many benefits related to this. It can lower the blood pressure, which is very important since the heard disease can slow down the hyperthyroidism treatment. Besides, it has a great effect on immunity, which is very important in regulating the thyroid system.
Your cat may suffer a lot because of hyperthyroidism and sooner you notice the symptoms, faster you will be able to help her and make her life get back to normal. The first thing to do is find out how sick your cat really is and what option can be safest for her.
The feline hyperthyroidism treatment depends on the current condition of your pet and your budget, and here the three most important ways to make your cat healthy again.
1. Medications – There are different drugs on the market for feline hyperthyroidism treatment, but the Methimazole is the most popular, worldwide.
If you have a cat, you have probably tried to find as much information as possible on the most dangerous health problems she might have. However, not every disease can be predicted and in some cases, there not much you can do.
When it comes to feline hyperthyroidism prevention, to be realistic, in can happen to any cat, no matter what is her life style and good she’s been treated. On the other side, some things might help if you want to keep the cat healthy as many years as possible, and if you want to make a happy life for her.
This is the most important thing, for the people and the pets, as well. The best way to keep the body of your cat healthy and work on prevention is to prepare natural food, full of vitamins and minerals, which are crucial for health maintenance.
Taking care of your sick cat doesn’t require only a medical treatment or drugs, you must give her a proper food in order to make the recovery quicker. In fact, although the real reason for this disease is still unknown, the food can really make the situation worse.
The cat hyperthyroidism diet doesn’t include only knowledge about the best food in this case, but also the food that must be avoided and some supplements that should be added daily.
1. Recommended food: The point is to make a menu that can lower hyperthyroidism risk or to minimize the symptoms. Daily cat hyperthyroidism diet menu must include the poultry or beef in the first place. Since this condition is highly connected with heart disease and high-blood pressure, the consumption of omega 3 fatty acids can strengthen the heart muscle.
The hyperthyroidism is a common hormonal disease, which can easily cause the increase of the overall metabolism of the whole body, meaning it can drastically change the function of internal organs. When it comes to feline hyperthyroidism symptoms, it is not easy to find out that your cat have some serious health problems that must be treated immediately. The treatment can be successful when provided on time and in the right way and the symptoms are usually similar in every case.
1. Weight loss – in more than 90% of cases, this is first of the feline hyperthyroidism symptoms. Cat can refuse to eat normally, and that can affect the balance of her body and on the other side, the weight loss can be noticed even when eating is not a problem.
2. Hair loss – this one is usually connected with the previous symptom. It is easy to notice the poor coat after some time because your cat does not have a proper nutrient intake. Some cats tend to pull their hair out when they are nervous and when they feel there is something wrong.